This one is almost a year old, but it’s been making the rounds lately, so why not get in on that action, right?
Okay, a few things:
1) Mazal tov to Sam Horowitz. Seriously.
2) I’m pretty sure this “Opening dance number” cost more than the combined worth of every car I’ve owned (which, admittedly, isn’t much), and Sam’s out there like he’s Beyoncé at the Super Bowl. Sam Horowitz is a prime time player. Watch – this isn’t the last time we’ll hear from this kid.
3) It’s not easy to get away with a white, sparkly outfit like that. Sam owns that action. I love this kid.
4) How great is that *point-point-point* thing Sam does when he takes his bow? This kid!
5) Anyone else a little weirded out at a bunch of 13 year old kids bopping along to a bevy of flappers urging them to, in the words of Christina Aguilera, “get their ass up”?
Sam, today you may be a man, but your folks probably shoulda thought this one through a little more.
I think it is disgusting. Sam is a little shit and his parents must be total jerks. What a waste. Give what they spent on charity instead. This is not what a Bar Mitzvah should be about.
I hope you’re right about not being the last time we see Lil’ Sammy. I look forward to seeing him crying in the background when the Federal Marshals frog-march his dad out of their house in handcuffs for insider trading or security fraud or whatever crime this unknowing putz of a father committed to get the money to ruin his kid with a religious celebration like this.
Since you all do not know Sam or his family, you have no idea what you are talking about. His family is the biggest charitable donors in our Jewish community. A bar mitzvah is all about the child, and one of Sams passions is acting and performing so I’m not sure why its so wrong for Sam to perform at HIS bar mitzvah. Next time you make a comment, check your facts first!
All I need to know about Lil’ Sammy’s Daddy is right there in this video. These people, and anyone who tries to defend them, are assholes.
[…] Heeb, The Daily […]
Kid looks like Fosse.
Are we sure it wasn’t a Bat Mitzvah?
I don’t care if Little Sammy’s parents are big contributors to your Jewish community. There is no excuse for this ridiculous display. There is a better use of money than this. And as far as the boy loving theater, my son loved theater also and we had a theater theme in his decorations for his Bar Mitzvah party, but we didn’t go overboard. Guess what! My son is a Broadway, TV, and movie actor now and he is a caring, thoughtful, and giving Jew.
I don’t get it…I thought Bar Mitzvah’s were a religious ceremony? Some suggestions to take this to the next level:
– Stripper poles for dancers
– Bass solo by Gene Simmons
– Entire Lion King puppet cast dancing in synch for encore
– Get Sammy some Elton John glasses
– Thriller zombie dance number performed by prominent Wall Street executives
– Burn money for dramatic effect
Doug Worthington III (confused protestant)
Good ideas, Doug! You are not confused. These Jews forget the religious aspect and go for the big, outrageous, obscene parties. To them that is the most important part of it all. Then they give all of us other Jews a bad name. Christians think we are all like that, not!
Part of me kind of liked little Sammy having a really really good time. Sooner or later he’ll figure that out. Another part of me, the part that has any sort of social responsibility, was going “Feh.”